MyBB 1.8 went gold two days ago. This comes with good news and bad news. The good news: There's a new version of MyBB! This usually comes with new features, both on the design and functionality end. Usually, with MyBB, these updates are well thought out additions. The bad news: ... There's a new version of MyBB. Historically, this has meant lots of plugins and extensions break, and 1.8 is no exception. To name a few that we'll be losing: MyNetwork (no longer updated), and with it, post rep; code select all, and some hidden goodies. Note we will not be losing mentions, as someone has stepped up to the plate and written a self-contained plugin implementation. However, until MyAlerts is updated, you will not receive alerts for these. We will also not be losing the rich text editor, as SCEditor was implemented as a core feature for 1.8! Now, I pose this question to you ugly fucks beautiful people: Do we upgrade, or do we wait? Note that I WILL be running a beta for the 1.8 upgrade regardless of which option is chosen. The only thing that changes is WHEN the beta starts.